Easy Chicken Noodle Soup. My husband and boys love this soup and it is so easy! I have caught this spring cold that all the boys have had, so I made ME some soup 🙂 I like my soups “meaty”, almost like a stew. If you prefer more juice, you will need to add more water or cut back on the egg noodles.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- 1 bag of Frozen (or 2 Cans) Whole Kernel Corn
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- 6 cooked chicken breasts (or 3 cans of chunk chicken)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste*
- 8 oz Bag of Wide Egg Noodles
1. In a large pot over high heat, melt butter. Add onions, celery and carrots. Cook until carrots are tender and onions are translucent. Approximately 8 minutes.
2. Add Chicken (if from can, cook chicken with the onions, celery and carrots until it is white). Stir Well.
3. Add Chicken Broth and Water. Stir well.
4. Add Corn. Stir well.
5. Add Basil and Oregano. Stir well.
6. Add Egg Noodles. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
Makes approximately 10 servings.
*Note: I allow each person to salt and pepper their own bowl to meet their tastes.